March 21, 2013
Dear Family,
We’ve been busy, just like you are. And being busy keeps us happy.
The winter has felt long and cold, so we’re happy to see the weather changing into spring.
Alan’s assignment as baptistry coordinator on Saturday mornings at the temple has changed to doing regular line assignments again. And my regular line assignments changed when I was called to be the Saturday Morning Coordinator for the sisters the beginning of the year. It’s up to me to coordinate all their assignments so the temple runs smoothly on Saturday morning. I’ve had to learn how to work the excel program, and I’m still learning it. I love working with the sisters there. They are always so anxious to help in anyway they can.
Our church callings keep us busy too… but we love working with those in the stake and ward. It’s our life and we love it.
I took Mom in this past week for a minor adjustment to the lens that was placed in her right eye during her cataract surgery a year ago. It went well. But it will take time for it to heal as with any other surgery. She’s anxious to get back to reading her genealogy again.
Ariane spent her full week of spring break with us. I was reminded of how much we miss her when she is gone. We like having her around. While she was home, she and Marcus helped me in the yard doing spring gardening kinds of things. They enjoy working together.
We’ve enjoyed our Family Home Evening with our children. They love coming home to visit with each other. We also use that time to celebrate any birthdays in the family… so it feels like a party every month we’re together.
Congratulations to Bryan in your starring role in “Hello Dolly.” I would love to have seen you perform. Heather will be in the “Hello Dolly” performance at the Scera in Orem next month. It would be great to get all of these talented Lindgren relatives together in a musical or some other performance. I know they’d have a blast working and performing together.
Congratulations John and Sharron on your mission call. You are a wonderful example to the rest of us.
Ariane plans to begin the missionary application process this week. Kevin will be coming home the first week of June. Once he’s home and before Ariane leaves, I plan to have a family picture taken again. I have to seize the moments when everyone is home.
Kevin has done well on his mission. We continue to receive glowing reports about him from the members that work with him and/or those that have him and his companion in their home. In January he had a companion that could sing, so Kevin played the piano for him and they'd do a musical number for those that invited them into their homes. One lady recorded it and put it on You-Tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auh8P8JBzPY Since his transfer in February, he’s been “training” his brand new companion.
I hope all is well with you. I look forward to reading your letters of all your doings.
Love, Dorothy
Thursday, March 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment