Friday, December 21, 2012
Jennifer
Dear Family,
Disney World in October was really fun! We went together with Ammon, Angela, Finn, Harper, and 6 week old Miles. Seeing Disney through the eyes of kids brought back many memories and just made me smile and feel like a kid all over again. We loved the new section of Fantasyland where Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid shine. The only downside was the hot humid weather, oh yeah, and the roller coaster ride in Animal Kingdom – wow! I mean, I’m sure people love it, but us, not so much.
It was fun (and lots of work) helping Emily move. We’re very happy for them and that they’re finally in their new home!
Our first Thanksgiving in our new home was great. Ammon and family came, as well as Lucy and family. Lots of good food, and fun appetizers, etc., and like Angela said, “Thanksgiving brought to you by Pinterest.” Harper entertained us dressing up in princess costumes from Emily. Emily and family joined us the day after Thanksgiving. We got into the Christmas spirit quickly as we drove through some neighborhoods with Christmas lights dancing to music.
I had a lot of fun decorating this new house – and our tree rotates!
Last week I went to Seattle and decorated a gingerbread house with Finn and Harper and their pre-school friends, and we decorated Christmas cookies and went to Harper’s pre-school Christmas party. We visited Santa, and watched Elf on A Shelf, the movie. Now I’m all up to date on the elf – he sure moves around a lot and the kids love him! It’s probably the most exciting thing next to Christmas Day itself. Miles has such a precious smile! He looks so much like Ammon did at that age.
This week we had our first piano recital with my two students (sisters). Their parents came and we had a fun evening. It really has been fun teaching these girls because they love it so much. I just added one more student – another neighbor girl. I wasn’t really planning on teaching after I retired; it just fell into place. I’m sure one day they will play better than me and that would be awesome!
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the holiday season.
Joy, Peace and Love,
Jennifer & Steve
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment