Much of what I have to say I wrote in my annual Christmas letter, but since I have been writing to the blog each time, I won't copy the whole letter, just parts of it to get you up to date with Alan and I.
| David's birthday |
| Lynnette's birthday |
In January we began a great tradition that we hope to continue for as along as possible- Family Home Evening once a month with ALL of our children and grandchildren. This has been a highlight of the month for all of us. It often includes celebrating someone’s birthday, which becomes our “activity” after the lesson and cake for refreshments. Since the last time I wrote in September, we have celebrated a birthday in October (David's) and one so far in December (Lynnette's).
Working at the temple Saturday mornings has continued to be a great joy for Alan and me. He has been the Saturday morning baptistery coordinator for the past 18 months. While he assists the youth and other patrons there, I have directed guests in the marriage waiting room, or assisted patrons in a number of other ways. It has been especially gratifying when I can be an attendant for those coming to the temple for the first time.
I’ve been Stake Historian for about 3 years, but should be released from that calling soon because in October, I was called as our ward’s Relief Society President. Up to that point my ward callings were Ward Choir Director and Ward Organist. Even though this calling is very time consuming, the Lord has compensated me already with numerous blessings!
| a few of the angels |
Daniel works part time at Thanksgiving Point and recently started working full time for TelePerformance as tech support. It's time to pay the bills and having this second job is helping. So, no time for theater for Daniel for a while.
| Dorothy and her piano students at November's piano recital |
At the piano recital I held for my students in November, both Katherine and David performed. I was very proud of them. This time was especially fun because I played a duet with each of them. Earlier in December I got to see Katherine's 3rd grade "wax museum" of famous people. She portrayed Sally Ride, first woman in space. It was fun to find out that Jason helped create her costume with duct tape! The following week Alan and I got to see both Katherine and David sing at their choir's Christmas concert. It has really been nice to have Jason and Becky living so close to us and to be more involved with their family this past year.
| Katherine as "Sally Ride" |
Even though Kevin has moved a few times during the year, he has stayed in the city of Mesa during his mission. His mission there has been filled with lots of teaching and serving. He had some baptisms and has been a wonderful positive influence in the lives of members and non-members alike. We have been rewarded with e-mails, phone calls, and letters from several people whose lives he has touched. He has been serving as district leader since October and jokes that he is a Relief Society President just like me because the missionaries in his district are sisters.
![]() |
| Elder Kinghorn and Elder Kevin Tomlinson |
Penny and Ariane have both been attending Utah Valley University in Orem. Penny works at a care center in Orem and is working on getting internship hours so she can graduate. She’s living with fun roommates at “Crestwood Apartments” in Provo. Ariane has had a fun college experience living at “Village On the Parkway” because of her great roommates. Currently Ariane has a seasonal job at a kiosk at the University Mall in Provo.
We took advantage of “fall break” in October when our college kids were out of school and spent the two days together, kind of like a mini vacation. We attended the Brigham City Temple, then went to SLC and toured the Conference Center, the Church History Library, and the new City Creek shopping area. The next day we went to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy, and then the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point.
We love doing things together, but more importantly just being together as a family. We count our blessings for the Lord’s plan of happiness for His children, and give praise to Him as we celebrate His birth during this wonderful time of year.
| A Christmas piano "triplet" |
May your Christmas and the coming year of 2013 be filled with blessings!
| October 19th, "Sister's Work-end" after a day helping Emily move |

No comments:
Post a Comment