Here are the Hanlon Happenings from Summer 2012
Our ’87 (25-year-old) Honda died in May and we were blessed with a ’99 Dodge Caravan.
We used this to make a mad dash to Ogden for Jim’s sister’s wedding in June. I came back to Utah in July with Riley, Isaiah and Lynette’s nieces and nephew. In the picture of the cousins trying to make a pyramid I think Travis thought it was horseback rides, Isaiah was ready to do a push up and Mitchell was about to play leap frog. As always my time in Utah is just too short. I should live there all the time; it is the only place I take vacations to these days.
![]() |
| July 15 - Cousin Pyramid |
I’m back to work at Taylor Intermediate School as Para Pro (teacher’s aide) teacher in the resource room. I’ve been working with 10 5th graders so far this year.
I should probably let James update himself on the Lingo, but in case he doesn’t, I’ll start with him. James attended a five-week course plus a week for travel with ASU in Japan. The class projects kept him very busy and though it was a lot of work he seemed to enjoy this life memory experience. I know it brought back my 2 week trip to Japan of 29 years ago. James is back in school at ASU. He lives in an apartment a few miles from campus in Tempe with a roommate, Shon, a film major. He worked the bookstore textbook rush and now has a new job as an usher for the department of fine arts at ASU. (I think I got that right). He has a new bike to get around on. He did so well academically in his first year of college that ASU helped him with tuition this year.
Hyrum ended his McDonald’s job after a year and worked for the YCC at Petrified Forest National Park for the middle 8 of his 10 weeks of summer vacation from school. McDonald’s said they’d take him back anytime. He said maybe if he needs money after soccer season.
![]() |
| Hyrum -summer job |
![]() |
| Bryan - July 4 |
Isaiah participated in a scene from the Arizona Centennial Program that was performed twice during the Pioneer Days Celebration here. He also helped his friend pass out items from the County Health department float in the parade “Eat Well, Be Well.” He enjoys riding his bike, being with friends and scouts.
![]() |
| July 17 Isaiah coming from scouts |
Jim’s folks, Sam and Mildred, and his sister, Kathy, and her son, Miles came for a visit right around our Pioneer Days celebration.
Krista experienced a tubal pregnancy in August. It was a rough experience and took awhile to figure out what was happening. Her boyfriend, Ryan Slone, cared for her all during her recovery.
![]() |
| July 20 Krista and Ryan Sloan |
September weather is perfect. We had an apple crop this year, including Granny Smith that were ripe the end of July. I made some jelly and applesauce. We hope to get wood for our winter wood stove needs soon.
Love you all and love hearing from and about you all, whether it be here, Facebook, or on the phone or e-mails. Love, Priscilla





No comments:
Post a Comment