Sunday, July 15, 2012
Dear Family,
These are the highlights in the Tomlinson family the past four months since the last Lingo:
March- we had John Anderson help us cut down our very large pine tree we had in front of our home for 25 years. It was overtaking our front yard. In its place, Alan and I planted the flowers that he bought me for Mother’s Day. Now that the tree is gone we are enjoying the extra natural light that comes through our windows as well as the flowers that are growing so well.
I had the privilege of attending my first elementary school program for one of my grandchildren. David was lots of fun to watch during the kindergarten’s St. Patrick’s day program.
Kevin was transferred to the “Kimball Zone,” his second area. His new companion is Elder Tanner from Bountiful, Utah.
The mission president visited Marcus and his companion and spent the night at their flat.
April- Kevin and Elder Tanner were able to see the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple three times, taking investigators to see it with them each time. He also had a baptism at the end of the month.
I was able to attend Katherine’s 2nd grade program where she sang and danced.
I had a piano recital for my piano students, which was also Katherine’s first piano recital. I am so proud of her and the progress she has made.
Both Marcus and Katherine had birthdays.
Ariane, Penny, and I attended BYU Women’s Conference, spending one night at Penny’s apartment in Provo together.
The end of the semester at UVU came to a close at the end of the month. Then Penny moved upstairs to a 2nd floor apartment and Ariane moved home for the summer.
May- Heather was in the ensemble at the Orem Scera’s “My Friend Pinocchio” the last two weeks of April and the first two weeks of May.
Our oldest grandchild, Katherine, was baptized and confirmed by Jason… a very happy day.
We got to visit each of our missionaries on Mother’s Day by way of “skype.” Kevin had a baptism the day before. Marcus was transferred the following week to his last area near London. His new companion was Elder Hatch (relative of Orrin Hatch). He got to visit London with his zone on a P-day. Kevin got a new companion at the end of the month, Elder Rogers from South Carolina.
June- I started teaching piano to David. He catches on quickly!
Kevin’s “hump day” was June 8th. Marcus returned home from his mission June 27.
Daniel played three different characters in the play, “Come Fly With Me” at Lindon’s community theater from May 25 to June 30.
Jason and Becky finished moving all their stuff from their home in Hyde Park and sold it.
We celebrated Heather’s and Benjamin’s birthdays.
Lynnette, Alan, and I worked at the primary elections.
July- we held an open house for Marcus in our back yard to welcome him home, and he gave his talk the next day in church July 8. Today we attended the meeting where his mission president and wife spoke. They completed their mission just days after Marcus returned.
Well, I think that should get you caught up with our family. We look forward to reading your letters and finding out what all of you have been doing.
Love, Dorothy and family
Dear Family,
These are the highlights in the Tomlinson family the past four months since the last Lingo:
March- we had John Anderson help us cut down our very large pine tree we had in front of our home for 25 years. It was overtaking our front yard. In its place, Alan and I planted the flowers that he bought me for Mother’s Day. Now that the tree is gone we are enjoying the extra natural light that comes through our windows as well as the flowers that are growing so well.
I had the privilege of attending my first elementary school program for one of my grandchildren. David was lots of fun to watch during the kindergarten’s St. Patrick’s day program.
Kevin was transferred to the “Kimball Zone,” his second area. His new companion is Elder Tanner from Bountiful, Utah.
The mission president visited Marcus and his companion and spent the night at their flat.
April- Kevin and Elder Tanner were able to see the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple three times, taking investigators to see it with them each time. He also had a baptism at the end of the month.
I was able to attend Katherine’s 2nd grade program where she sang and danced.
I had a piano recital for my piano students, which was also Katherine’s first piano recital. I am so proud of her and the progress she has made.
Both Marcus and Katherine had birthdays.
Ariane, Penny, and I attended BYU Women’s Conference, spending one night at Penny’s apartment in Provo together.
The end of the semester at UVU came to a close at the end of the month. Then Penny moved upstairs to a 2nd floor apartment and Ariane moved home for the summer.
May- Heather was in the ensemble at the Orem Scera’s “My Friend Pinocchio” the last two weeks of April and the first two weeks of May.
Our oldest grandchild, Katherine, was baptized and confirmed by Jason… a very happy day.
We got to visit each of our missionaries on Mother’s Day by way of “skype.” Kevin had a baptism the day before. Marcus was transferred the following week to his last area near London. His new companion was Elder Hatch (relative of Orrin Hatch). He got to visit London with his zone on a P-day. Kevin got a new companion at the end of the month, Elder Rogers from South Carolina.
June- I started teaching piano to David. He catches on quickly!
Kevin’s “hump day” was June 8th. Marcus returned home from his mission June 27.
Daniel played three different characters in the play, “Come Fly With Me” at Lindon’s community theater from May 25 to June 30.
Jason and Becky finished moving all their stuff from their home in Hyde Park and sold it.
We celebrated Heather’s and Benjamin’s birthdays.
Lynnette, Alan, and I worked at the primary elections.
July- we held an open house for Marcus in our back yard to welcome him home, and he gave his talk the next day in church July 8. Today we attended the meeting where his mission president and wife spoke. They completed their mission just days after Marcus returned.
Well, I think that should get you caught up with our family. We look forward to reading your letters and finding out what all of you have been doing.
Love, Dorothy and family
No comments:
Post a Comment