Monday, November 16, 2009

Surprise!




I knew the Lingo was coming up so we told a few and then wanted to make this announcement...

We are having a baby boy March 1st, 2010

So here is the story... Last June I felt extra dizzy working in the Garden. In July I was so tired I thought I had adrenal fatigue, which I have had before and overcame. So when my Sis-in Law said she thought I had pregnancy symptoms I laughed at her because we had tried for so long to have another child and I resolved years ago that we had the children we would have. However I took a pregnancy test just to prove to her she was wrong...I was wrong we were pregnant, 8 weeks actually. I never told my sis-in-law. Dave and I decided to keep it just between the two of us for a while. We had our list of reasons and then we were enjoying the secret so much we decided to wait as long as we could to tell our kids and anyone else. Once I started showing and my walking partner asked Dave if I was pregnant, we knew we had to tell. So the video is how we chose to tell family. First our kids then my Mom (who couldn't believe it, Grandchild #48). We told my sisters when Jennifer happened to be in town and then Dave's family back in Boise. This has been like Christmas for our kids. They are so excited and so happy not to have to wait a whole nine months. We are due March 1st. We have had a few ultra sounds and we have a healthy baby boy on his way. I have felt great. My pregnancies have always been somewhat easy. Getting pregnant was always the issue for us. We are excited and we find it quite ironic that we gave away our crib and car seat in June... The very month we got pregnant. Our family loves the quote, "Come what may and love it" from Elder Wirthlin's mother. I made a vinyl and wood sign and put it up on our wall last spring. My car license plate says "wrthew8" I truly believe what is worth having is worth waiting for. Thanks for sharing in our excitement. We really believe in miracles around here.

We seem to be busy with the same things, cheer for Rachel, Scouts and sports for Nathan and School and art and piano and play friends for Kristen. The housing market makes Dave's business challenging but he handles it well. I am the busy mom still digesting that I will be changing diapers again and staying up late.

I can't believe Emily's house or Grandpa's old house is coming down this week. Take lots of pics and good-luck with all of that!

We wish you all the very best Holiday Season. May feelings of gratitude and appreciation for the relationships you cherish most flourish in your hearts. Love Lucy

No comments: