Monday, November 16, 2009

Grandma Martha

To my Great Big Family,

Its hard to believe that on Oct 2 I reached 84. I Thank Heavenly Father each day that I am able to see and walk. My memory is slowing down so if I forget to mention something... remember its still in one of my nine lives. It was somewhat shaking when Hellmut had his heart attack. Marty took me to see him at the Provo Hospital.. He felt pretty miserable but he was still joking around. We had a chance to visit with Doris, her husband and little girl. A few days after the surgery he was able to return to Manti. Barbara came out from Ohio to be with them... After 2 weeks, Meghan (Mats wife) stayed with them... and then Jo (David"S wife gave of her service... Hellmut says the therapist came out and gave them some instructions like walking a mile a day. I believe his recovery is going well.. he' s driving, and has gone to the Family History Center there where he is in charge.

Something new. I have a new front entrance ... Two new doors all installed, painted... I've recieved many compliments My thanks go to Rick, Mike, Chris and Reba... who spent days here. I'm blessed.

A little trouble with the gear shift on my car... but its ok now.. the part was under $20 and the labor twice that... Rick called the repair man to check everything else so Nellie rides again.

These past two months I've been learning the New Family Search. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks but I have now printed out the paper listing to take to the temple from my house instead of the center. Fifty of the cards are already being worked on in Bountiful. I've had a mentor who even came to the house twice to help me out.

So far the Clogging Grandmothers have seven gigs for the Christmas season... so we're pretty busy MOn and Thurs mornings.

Its nice to have a missionary out in the field... I'm proud of Penny in Calgary.

Jennifer and Lucy and family have returned... always a little let down Jennifer and I and Heather went to see Ariane in the high school production of South Pacific .. fun. Jennifer and I managed a puzzle and we also played Ticket To Ride with Heather and Nathan.... I won of course.

When Lucy and family came to town... they took me out to eat and later wanted to take a picture. so Rachel, Kristen and Nathan gathered round me and instead of saying Say CHeese they said Lucy's having a baby" that didn't sink in the first time, so I had to repeat it... What a surprise and how special.

Well, I've taxed my brain ... that's all for this time.... oops , thanks Rick for replacing the cartridge on the printer and for all you

Love to all of you.... Mom, Grandma, Great Grandma..

No comments: