James and Hyrum had the same two day Fall Break that Jim did (Actually, Jim had the whole week, ASU just had two days), and they came up and spent a day taking our old shingles off the roof. Now we have new shingles, yeah.
We had a cold spell Dec. 10. I had a pipe break (outside) and had to turn off the water main. I heated some stored water on the stove and used our camp shower for showers that morning plus the next two til I finally fixed it on Thursday. It had warmed up by then. I'm very proud of myself for fixing it.
Last Saturday we went out to cut wood for our wood stove and a tree for Christmas. Isaiah did the honors of finding and chopping down the tree this year while Jim cut a dead shaggy bark cedar for firewood and Bryan helped haul it into the truck and I took pictures.
I'm enjoying having James and Hyrum home for the break as well as Jim. We did our traditional gingerbread houses with Krista and Ryan yesterday.
So don't know if I've said this already, but the family history blog I started, I've decided I don't need anymore because of the amazing FamilySearch/FamilyTree site the church has...all the pictures and documents and stories can go there, Love it!
I really like that Heidie put up the Lindgren Christmas Party on Facebook. Loved some of those pictures. I'll be missing the party this year, but so glad to know it is happening. As I recall we started that party about 1973 when we became too overwhelming for the Doelling Family Christmas Eve Party. The Doelling Party would alternate each year between Mom's place on Danish Road and Uncle Helmut's place in Centerville. We would have a dinner with some traditional dishes like red cabbage...We would exchange names and come up with a home made gift for that person. We would exchange it by playing pass the tea cup while the music (Uncle Helmut on the accordion) played and if you had possession of it when the music stopped you would get to give your gift. We also had a talent show and everyone had to perform something. It was usually a piano solo for me. That was tough up against those amazing Doelling cousins. We'd also sing Christmas songs, some in German. Those are good memories. That 1979 picture of Mom surrounded by grandchildren in pajamas that she made for them...wow, I'm about the age she was then...wow. I love Mom. Love the family and the family memories, Merry Christmas!
Priscilla
![]() |
| The Hanlon's, Thanksgiving, 2013 |

No comments:
Post a Comment