Dear Family,
Merry Christmas to you and yours! May this holiday season bring you joy.
In October we drove across the state of Oregon to the coastal town of Seaside where we met up with Emily and family, and Ammon and family, and spent a couple nights at a beach house. It was in celebration of Finn’s sixth birthday. It was fun being on the beach, a bit breezy and cool, which made it perfect for all the kite flying competitions.
My birthday was uneventful, but thanks again everyone for dressing up:) We got a lot of trick-or-treaters at our house, and surprisingly, Cody didn’t go too nuts with all the strangers. Of course, it could’ve been that he was recovering from being neutered and had other things on his mind, like, “is there any way I can lick my stitches with this cone on my head?”
I spent a few days in Seattle between Thanksgiving and Christmas, avoiding the holiday crowds, although Seattle airport is always busy. I was able to see Harper at her dance practice, and tonight Angela sent me a video of her dance recital. Pretty cute three year olds. Harper loves dancing and it’s a great energy outlet. Finn is in a S.T.E.M. (science, technology, engineering, math) kindergarten and really loves it. He is learning so much stuff and he’s only six! Miles is walking all over the place and is quite the talker!
We had our annual Christmas piano recital with my three students. It was held early in December and got us all in the Christmas spirit.
I was able to visit mom for a couple of days and made some yummy soup, and wrapped presents. I was in Utah between storms, and while it snowed on us early in the month in Boise, it was still here when I got back – a steady 20 degrees or less. Utah sure got hit this winter, and it is so pretty to look at! I went with Emily and kids to Thanksgiving Point and saw the lights and reindeer. It was SO cold!
We (including Stephanie and Cody) drove around looking at neighborhood Christmas lights. On one street the houses were quite decked out and danced to the music that you tuned into on the radio. Lucy introduced us to the street last year--it’s a fun tradition.
The neighborhood kids sure love sledding down our hill – it’s fun to watch them. I just don’t understand how they can play outside for hours in 20 degree temperatures! I know! They are kids!
I’m back to class with Cody, his advanced obedience class. He does pretty well, but it sure is a lot of work. It takes some dogs longer to “get it,” and consistency for the handler. Wish us luck!
Steve and I enjoyed a fabulous live concert of The Piano Guys, the You-Tube sensation. Check them out online, but if you get the chance, check them out in concert.
Love, Jennifer & Steve
Sunday, December 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment