Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ammon


Hey Lingo readers!

Welp there's been a ton of stuff happening around the Seattle parts since the last time, so I might as well jump right into things. For starters, near the end of May, I had all these weird neck problems and bumps forming on my head and couldn't tell what was going on. So I went to the Emergency Room and after a few days and a number of doctor visits, the truth came out: I had Shingles. Awesome. Since it's Chicken Pox for adults and highly contagious to those who had never had chicken pox, I then gave the Pox to both Finn and Harper. Even more awesome. But it turned out to be relatively mild for both of them, so it could have been a lot worse.

Before the Shingles I had 2 sessions of Root Canal fun on my back upper molar as the Root Canal I had done on it years before decided to stop working. Two long sessions of drilling and clearing out an infection was pretty fun, so much so that I pretty much got Shingles because of it. I had a third (and final!) Root Canal session last week... and now I just have a huge hole in my mouth until I get a crown. Goood times.

My last day at work (where I'd worked at for over 5 years) was on June 30th. It was a glorious day... mostly because I hated working there for about the last 2 years, and because I recently just got hired somewhere else, and was able to start with only a few days of 'unemployment.' I now work at Microsoft in their Zune Marketplace as a Movie Programmer for Zune / Xbox Live for people in Australia and New Zealand. It's a pretty awesome job so far, and pretty much the coolest thing I've ever had the chance to do... and get paid for it. The easiest way to put it is that it's like running my own electronic video store. More or less...

In the beginning of June the Andersons and my mom came to Seattle for a visit--we had a ton of fun. Finn had fun playing with kids his age, and we showed off the town, hitting up the Pike's Place Market and even rode the Duck's, which was an actual first for Angela and I. It was a great visit all around, and since I had Shingles at the time, I was able to take off work and be around for the whole time they were here, which was really great.

Harper is now 6 months old. She has 2 teeth and can crawl, roll over, and yell a lot. I think she's actually 'talking' but really it's just yelling. Time to baby proof the house again! Finn has been enjoying our recent spat of Hot weather and even had the chance to ride a giant Thomas the Train which came through town late last week. He loves Thomas the Train, so he had a lot of fun.

I think that's about it. It's been a crazy past couple of months and all I really want to happen is for things to slow down and become uneventful for a while. I guess that will have to happen after Angela is laid off in September. Sigh. Oh well.

Looking forward to hearing all of your stories, and sorry we won't be able to make this year's reunion--ya'll better take a lot of pictures!

Cheers!

Ammon, Angela, Finn, and Harper

No comments: