Monday, June 9, 2014

Priscilla

Dear Family,
Since the reunion in Mapleton...
Jim, Isaiah and I went to Utah for General Conference.  I loved it.  At the same time Bryan was in Utah with his high school madrigal choir.  We met up with them at the Chuck-a-Rama in Provo and at my request they sang a song just for Mom.  That was also the time of electrical trouble at Mom's house.  The next weekend Jim took a second Grand Canyon hike. He went in March with his sister, brother-in-law, James, Hyrum and two students.  In April he took Isaiah and four students.  They hiked to the bottom, camped at the campground and hiked back up the next day.

the hike in April
Jim had flowers delivered at school where I work on our 33rd anniversary.  Bryan had a blast with Junior Prom.  He was the junior class secretary so was somewhat involved. He has some pictures on Facebook.  Also on Facebook or YouTube you can see the video he created for our local Screen Wars competition in which he took home two trophies.  One for Best Music Video and one for runner-up overall.  This was the fifth year for Screen Wars.  James was influential in getting it started. 

On the first Saturday in May I went with Krista, her future mother-in-law Julie, sister-in-law Christine, and nieces Allie and Presley to the valley to shop for her wedding dress.  It was a  fun full day, I only regret I did not bring a camera.  Also in May I had a lovely Mother's Day, and enjoyed the end of year concerts with Isaiah and Bryan.  Though she didn't walk at graduation, Krista officially earned an associates degree of general studies from Northland Pioneer College.  Krista said her announcements are almost ready to go out but in the meantime wanted me to go ahead and announce her wedding in the Lingo.  She and Ryan Slone will be getting married on Saturday August 23, 2014 near Greer AZ.  You can see the location at Xdiamondranch.com  All the family is invited but please let her know if you are coming so she can have an accurate food count. 

Now it is summer and I love being home with Jim.  Bryan is working and staying with Krista during the week in Linden/Show Low.  He does yard maintenance with a homeowners association and some construction work with Ryan.  Hyrum loved his first year at ASU.  He was blessed with great roommates and they are rooming together again in the fall.  He was given a 3rd scholarship...this one with the Navy ROTC which he joined.  He is working for an attorney's office in Scottsdale this summer. 

Isaiah with Hyrum (moving out day) at Barrett's Honor College at ASU
James is Trading Post director at Camp Raymond (BSA) until mid-July and then he goes to Korea for a month before returning to his senior year at ASU.  Isaiah is not so sure of this being the youngest and only one left at home thing.  It gets a little lonely and boring.  He is getting more attention than he wants with two parents checking on his merit badge progress daily.  Isaiah grew 4 inches in the last year and is slightly taller than me at 5' 7".  I'm involved with summer things like have been for the three years previous continuing activities of the stake primary.
Love you all and love it when I see you,
Priscilla

No comments: