September 22, 2013
We had a wetter than usual summer which has left the land unusually green. With it came mosquitoes. I have not had this many bites since Alaska. We are enjoying the garden produce.
I have enjoyed my usual summer activities with the stake primary. In July we put on another fabulous 4th of July flag raising ceremony. I conducted the children's races before the Pioneer Day parade, in which Isaiah rode one of our ward floats, Jim drove the float from our ward's high priest group (Can you imagine Jim in a parade?) [Every year each ward produces 2 floats for the Pioneer Days parade] Bryan marched with the high school marching band and that left me to watch. For the first time in 100 years it rained on our parade - just near the end we had a down pour. In August we had 11 year old camp and Cub camp, Then last night we had a stake activity for 10 and 11 year old girls. We went to Camp Silver Creek and had a campfire program.
Now I have two boys at ASU and things have quieted down at home. I'm working at the junior high school as an inclusion aid where Isaiah is a seventh grader. Bryan is involved in soccer, marching band, and serves as junior class secretary.
We were honored with a visit from Kevin, Penny, and Lynnette on their return from Mesa Labor Day.
Yeah for our watch cat, Shadow. She killed a snake in my laundry room this week.
Love you all and see you when ya can in person or here or facebook or whenever,
Priscilla
Monday, September 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment